Brentwood CPR Training Program
Brentwood, California – Quality CPR training saves lives. No matter who you are, if you’re taught CPR by an instructor who is serious about providing quality education to their students, you’ll get a great result and could save a life one day.
The result of our training is a high level of confidence in your ability to help in a first-aid crisis, and you’ll gain the practical skills to handle it all too!
Brentwood’s community – everyday residents, businesses owners, industrial employees, etc, all rely on each other for first aid and CPR assistance which should be received in the precious few moments after someone gets hurt.
Whether it’s a cardiac, respiratory, or first-aid emerency, a CPR course from CPR Education will provide the training and guidance you need to respond appropriately and effectively.
Our CPR Certification Courses in Brentwood California include:
- American Heart Association Heartsaver classes
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Pediatric First-Aid with CPR/AED Training
Josh Sauberman has been a Bay Area resident since 2000 and loves meeting and instructing local individuals and organizations in high quality CPR/AED & First-Aid Training.
Call now to arrange your course!
Other Useful Facilities and Contact Information
Brentwood Medical Facilities
It’s important to be aware of the medical facilities located in Brentwood, CA, and that’s is why we’ve included some of them here.
Brentwood Health Center (800) 495-8885 is a medical facility located at 171 Sand Creek Rd suite a, Brentwood, CA 94513 that offers assistance in any field of general medicine.
Next, there is the John Muir Health Outpatient Center (925) 308-8100 located at 2400 Balfour Rd, Brentwood, CA 94513.
Concentra Urgent Care (925) 626-3801 at 3140 Balfour Road Suites C, Brentwood, CA 94513.
If you find yourself needing a pharmacy, check out the Central Rx Pharmacy located at 50 Eagle Rock Way C, Brentwood, CA 94513, and the Walgreens Pharmacy at 2271 Balfour Rd, Brentwood, CA 94513
Brentwood Emergency Services
The East Contra Costa Fire Protection District (925) 634-3400 is located in Brentwood.
If ever in need of police assistance, head to the Brentwood Police Department (925) 634-6911 located at 9100 Brentwood Blvd, Brentwood, CA 94513.
If your pet has an accident around the house or on the streets, it is good to know that there are several veterinarian practices for pets such as the Brentwood Veterinary Hospital (925) 634-1177 located at 4519 O’Hara Ave, Brentwood, CA 94513.
What is CPR?
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a lifesaving technique, that can be beneficial in situations such as a heart attack of a near-drowning; a situation in which someone’s breathing or heart rate stops. CPR can keep oxygen flowing to the brain and other vital organs, until further medical treatment can be provided. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that everyone to begin with chest compressions first. It is always better to do something than to do nothing, in the case you are feeling like your skills are a bit rusty or that your knowledge and abilities aren’t 100%, remember, the difference between doing nothing and doing something could be someone’s life.
Here’s advice from the American Heart Association:
- Untrained. If you’re not trained in CPR, then provide hands-only CPR. That means uninterrupted chest compressions of 100 to 120 a minute until paramedics arrive (described in more detail below). You don’t need to try rescue breathing.
- Trained and ready to go. If you’re well-trained and confident in your ability, check to see if there is a pulse and breathing. If there is no breathing or a pulse within 10 seconds, begin chest compressions. Start CPR with 30 chest compressions before giving two rescue breaths.
- Trained years ago – If you’ve previously received CPR training but you’re not confident in your abilities, then just do chest compressions at a rate of 100 to 120 a minute.
- **Please note: This advice is only relevant for adults, children, and infants over 4 weeks of age. Newborns follow a separate protocol.
- To learn CPR effectively, take an accredited CPR training class, including how to use an automatic defibrillator (AED). If you are untrained but need immediate help, dial 911 and they will help guide you with directions on performing CPR.
CPR EDUCATION was developed by firefighters with a shared vision of ensuring that as many people as possible learned CPR: to be used in any unforeseen emergency with a loved one who may require sudden, life-saving treatment.
“Thank you Josh for a great class. You made sure that our class was not only educational but it was fun and entertaining. If you’re looking for a knowledgeable [sic], insightful, and educational CPR training class/instructor – go to Josh.” – Verified Yelp Member
Why choose CPR Education?
- Flexible – we’ll come to you!
- A team comprised of firefighters and paramedics
- We offers a variety of education classes, including:
- AHA Heartsaver classes
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Paramedics, Nurses, and other Healthcare Providers
- Help with OSHA and EMSA compliance
Check out our Yelp reviews at: https://www.yelp.com/biz/cpr-education-walnut-creek